Originally Posted by Mgw619
I'm curious about the selection of various binos. From what I can gather you are ranging from $99 (Leupy yosemite) to a $1,000 Swarovski. What are you trying to accomplish? A pat on the back for spending 1k on binos and making it worth it in your mind? I happen to be in the category of the lessor. I love my 6x30 yosemites. I don't think there is a "better pair of glass for the money". In a real world comparison, one that is traveling on foot with the binos on your chest, most likely gathering a hint of dust on the lenses, is a $1,000 bino that much better than a $100 bino? I don't know. Never had the later. So I'm asking. I tend to reason that the $900 difference is not justifiable in a real world situation (maybe somewhere in the middle is). Maybe others can chime in a fulfill me.

No disrespect. I just am relating this to road testing a Ford Focus and a Audi S8.

Selection process was simple - what is in the house.

I don't expect everything to measure up anywhere near equally. In some respects, that's kind of the point. Hell, the entire "test" may not mean anything to anyone, but maybe it might and maybe a thing or two might surprise.

BTW - the most spent was $450, on the Swaros (used). The rest may add up to that, total.

No harm, no foul in the question, nor any intended in the answer.

Last edited by 4ager; 02/24/17.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.