Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
You can pretty much put pouches or pockets anywhere on these packs , not sure where you came up with the duffel bag idea..........

why not buy a pack that already has them instead of having to buy more add on pockets. It does look to me like the packs are better with storage than the stuff from a couple years ago. Frankly I could not stand the duffle type concept of their packs. people raved about packs like the long hunter. I had to wonder did anyone actually ever use it? I would hate a pack like that. I don't want to dig everything out to get a headlamp or a freaking piece of jerky out of the thing. better organized packs I probably don't even unpack the pack all the way when I setup camp. With the duffle concept everything must come out and everything must be packed up when its time to go in the morning.

you guys can call me whatever the hell you want. I know what works for me what doesn't. I actually use my gear. I hunt and hike in the west on public lands. I have no brand loyalty which people seem to get all butt hurt when someone tells them why they may have bought the wrong thing.

below is the size of pack that would interest most. a 3400 and 4000 size. I have to ask how in the hell is this different from a duffle bag? there isn't one pocket on the pack. its all fishing stuff out of a duffle bag. most the rest of their packs are similar. its a glorifed army ruck sack [Linked Image]

might as well just carry this for a pack [Linked Image]

I think CC is just someone that try's to be contrarian. Literally no one that actually backpack hunts or shoots that I know thinks like him. If I walked into work and asked a group of guys that spend a considerable amount of time hunting animals (or humans) with a pack on, no one would give an answer like his. Similarly , if I asked the same people that spend a considerable time shooting animals (or humans), no one would give an answer like he does on scopes/rifles.

So he either is just trying to be contrarian, truly is the biggest oddity, or he's retarded....
Oh so very true. Funny for all the "experience" he touts, he never has a good pic or story of a hunt to share...

I've used my duffle bag on a frame quite well for over a decade now. Things I need to get to, very often, go into the lid or the very bottom of the pack to access via the zipper there. Have yet to have a "yard sale" to find what I'm looking for.

Here's 1/2 of my first mule deer riding with rest of my day gear back to camp. I did not lose anything or miss any pockets...
[Linked Image]