I was very into rock climbing in my 20's. I'm a bit skeeved by heights but having control of it via ropes, carabiners, and "pro" somehow made it all ok. Still scared the living [bleep] out of myself a few times. In Utah once I got to the first bolt on an obscure climb, clipped in, then somehow got off-route and ended up doing the last 80' or so essentially as a free-climb (I'd have hit the ground if I fell because I was so far above that bolt). Saw a guy fall about 50' once. His leg was bent in some very wrong ways.

Pic of a pic...

[Linked Image]

I recently built a house solo and "the roof", in its entirety, which is to say including a bunch of work I had to do on the existing structure we were keeping, took ~ 6 weeks. 6 weeks of waking up at 5 am, climbing a ladder (often with a sheet of 5/8" ply, that's fun stuff there) and working on the roof all day. By the time I got the metal roof all finished I'd completely lost my nerve up there. It just seemed like the odds were gonna catch up to me. I ended up digging out my old ropes and harness and tying off on either a big oak on the one side or my truck on the other. The pitch of that [bleep] was just right at the limit that my feet could "grab" and it was freakin' me out by the end. Took this pic late one evening. The darkness made the colors weird. Kinda cool.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!