Bob,
<br>
<br>I'm still not able to sleep the phone is ringing and the Emails are endless. I'll post more details when I get some quite time. I used the special "jackal" call I used when you were with me in Africa.
<br>
<br> Big difference though it was over an hour from the first glimpse of him until we actually had him open for a shot. Almost all lions come so slow that I'm convinced folks are calling in way more then they actually see. Had we not seen him way across the meadow/clearcut area coming I'm not sure we would have stayed in that spot long enough to wait him out or see him there. It was very intense waiting and wondering where he would show up next. It reminded me of the movie "predator" where the thing could become invisible, or blend in. This lion would circle and pop up staring at the speaker. and then vanish and pop up again someplace else. Big fun now that it's over, but talk about a tight stomach while anxiously waiting all that time. To tell the truth we never even knew how big it was when he was stalking the call. I don't think we realized how big it was until we tried to move him.
<br>
<br>You know I almost forgot to mention. I also shot a coyote this morning and since the lion event I forgot all about him. My shot at the coyote is what blew my shot at the lion because my partner and I always take turns for what ever comes in. Just my luck eh, and it was not even a big coyote!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)