I am not an African hunter, but do use the 375 Ruger often in Alaska. The 375 Ruger is one of my top favorite cartridges.

I have used DoubleTap 270 TSX in the 375 Ruger. I was pleased with there accuracy in my rifles. I currently hand load the 270 TSX and it is the bullet of my choice for the 375Ruger.

I tried the Hornady 250 GMX on the range, and was not overly impressed with the groups in my rifles. I was a bit disappointed because I envisioned using it as my all-around factory load.

As to scopes, I have used several on various 375's. I tend to use the straight tubed 1.1-4x24's or 1.5-6x42's. Though if situations dictated otherwise I would no issues using others.
In my opinion, for my maximum versatility in low light / near or far, the 1.5-6x42 or a 1.7-10x42 is it.
Though, I am having a struggle replacing a 1.1-4x24 that is on one of my most used 375Rugers. I tend to be more concerned with up close encounters than far away, and I appreciate the wide field of view.
If the 3-10x50 was what I had available, I would certainly put it on and use it for things that did not bite back or try to stomp me.
For potential biting/clawing/stomping encounters in the mix, I personally would go with the 1-4 /1-6 types.