I live in a rural neighborhood, with a small patch of woods here and there. There is enough room to stay in the legal shooting zone (at least 150 yds. from an occupied house or building). I still do not like discharging a firearm in everyone's back yard. I do a lot of bow hunting for rabbits and squirrels because of this. This air gun law is the ticket for such places. I'm a great fan, and I'm sure there are many like me, who have similar areas that are perfectly suited for air rifles. I like everyone else, use either my Marauder .22 or Marauder .25 to get rid of... well things that just have to go quietly. I got rid of the garbage can bandits, at 3:00 am, and the neighborhood slept.
sometimes you don't hear bang in the night. I hope the Game Commission look at some of the other states, and follow their criteria. We have management areas, bow hunting only for deer. It would be nice to be able to use one of the big bores in such areas. I think people get nervous when they hear a close shot. Kind of like I do on New Years Eve, when at midnight, gunshots are ringing out all over the place. I guess firing an air gun off at midnight would not have the same effect, But I'd feel better hearing nothing. Many a rabbit or squirrel has fallen to the old bb guns we all had. New springer's,pcp's, and even co2's have come a long way. Sunday hunting.....most all want it, but it may be a while. I believe we are only allowed to shoot crows and predators. I never saw much of a difference. Hunting is hunting. Allow it for everything. Just my opinion.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Notebook, 1894 Mark Twain