Our styles may differ but I don't usually sit too long when backpack hunting or day hunting mountains. I prefer non-insulated. Those have worked down to 0 F or lower, but a 30 minute calling stand is about as long as they let me stop without getting cold feet. Loosen boot laces very loose immediately when you stop if you know it will be awhile till you start hiking again. For late season and winter hunts usually with less distance hiking, (and some hour long lion stands) I wear heavily insulated pak boots like Sorels.

If I want to sit long between cold hikes, I put something over the outside of my boots instead of wearing insulated boots for the whole hike. Sticking booted feet into a near empty day pack or wrapping an extra clothing item around them works. Put the pad side of the day pack down or put feet on rotten wood to insulate from ice or frozen ground. I have considered making or buying some insulated cloth outer booties that slip on and off like a stocking cap for feet. It's an option.