I broke the original stock (it cracked) on my Rem 700 and bought a B&C Medalist. Nice stock! It converted it from ADL to BDL. I shot it yesterday and found it to be at best 2" group at 100 yards. Not good enough. Having nothing else handy, I slid a few pieces of card board (from an ammo box) under the free floated barrel and wedged them in snug. POI came up 3" but group size shrunk considerably! 2 of the 3 shots were touching and the 3rd just 1/2 off to the side! Sporter barrels are just flimsy.

So I want to add a premanent pressure point under the barrel. Question is how to best do that?

I decided to take a look at the fit between action and aluminum block. Upon inspection (and after shooting it) it was obviously not perfect. Multiple high and low spots visible on the aluminum surface. So I have already glass bedded the action and tang area. For the pressure point I thought I would add some glass under the barrel about 2" from the end of the stock, reassemble, and let cure. Then just add a 2 to 5 mil shim.

I've done glass bedding before. But never a pressure point.
Will that work? Is there a better way?