I'd be tempted to try the new 73 eld and the 70 rdf. The old 77 noslers shoot well in many things and are forgiving but the ogive length variations can be annoying if you're trying to seat it right at mag length. Try the 75 hor bthp for sure and if its wobbly give the hornady 68 a go too.

I also notice Midsouth has been offering a 62g bthp that's made by hornady but not a standard item. It looks good and is priced well. Lots of options. I've got a few boxes of hornady 73 elds headed my way and I hope they shoot well in all my AR's. They should fit the mag and I'm betting the shorter ogive length means they'll stabilize in a 9.

I just want to make one good all around load that works well in most of my guns. It's proven a difficult task so far but the 73 looks like my best place to start. If I find one that works I'm going to fire up the progressive and load a few thousand so I can spend more time shooting and less time chasing unicorns.

Bb

PS: Has anyone tried those 62g bthp's Midsouth is pimping? I wonder if they are an overrun on the new 62 bthp military round that's being loaded for the marines?

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/16/17.