Both mine have been reliable but...both had to go back to Ruger before they were. That is a big, big caveat. So mine were unreliable and it took a Ruger service center to make them run. I just assumed I had bad luck both times, since they now run just fine.

Neither is as accurate as any of my AR's, none of which had to go back to the factory for service for reliability reasons.

Once mine were up and running from Ruger, they both run well. I won't argue with you at all on the accuracy thing. Again, like a vintage pickup, they can still do most jobs, but a newer truck with 150,000 on the ODO is still 'better'. The coyotes and groundhogs I have shot with mine all went down, and I am pretty sure it can deal with a man sized target within the confines of a hallway.

I wouldn't tell anyone to pick one over an AR, but if I lived in CA and it was a mini or nothing, I wouldn't feel unarmed. To tell the truth, after getting an M1A, the Mini's and AR's tend to sit in the safe while the Scout Squad goes to the range. Make me pick one 5.56 and it would be without a shadow of a doubt an AR. Thank goodness I don't have to pick just one.