Originally Posted by GunGeek
So you ordered an extractor, do you know if the extractor is bad? Is it damaged or broken that you can see?

Weak extractors are a class problem with these pistols. Reportedly, they used the same extractor for the Model A (9mm Largo) and the Super B (9mm Parabellum). 9mm Largo, apparently has a larger rim, so the extractor claw is a bit smaller.

I also tested the action by closing it on a spent case, then pulling the slide slowly back. A good extractor should hold the case against the bolt face. On mine, it extracts, but drops the round down the mag well.

Also, when closed on a case, the extractor should protrude slightly from the side of the slide. On mine, it stays pretty flush.

I did take it apart and it does appear a bit worn and one corner of it looks a little rounded.

And, to top it off, the one I found was less than $20, so I figured that was a pretty good investment...

If the new one still isn't deep enough, then i've seen some other mods that can be made, but I don't want to go grinding around on the original.

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull