Why use 40/147.....
When you can use 105/28.5 ? smile

JS my longest deer was killed at 400 LRF using a 6BR.

No doubt BC matters. Yes the 6.5's are very effective and many are low recoil. A recipe that's worked since the 1890's.

Not sure what barrel length is needed to comfortably drive 147's in a 47, but I am very happy with what the round does with 120-130s for my needs.

The American shooting public is finally coming around realizing our #1 big game animal does not need a 300 Win or Jarrett with muzzle brakes and Hubble scopes. Most of the shooting I've done over the past 25 years has been 6 and 6.5's in BR and 308 cases rounds. A 338-06 and 350RM for the purpose of Elk hunts. Started with a 7RM as my first and realized quickly indeed less powder is more fun still getting the job done.

It sure is nice to enjoy a day at the range shooting dozens of rounds learning your gear without beating your ears or shoulder up. And self-spot hits and misses. The 270 was close, the 243 closer but alas it would not be Winchester to bring out a new 6.5, now being recognized by many as a Sweet spot.

No doubt most common rounds will get the job done well with well placed shots. But there are no flies on an accurate 6.5 smile