Hello folks. I'm new to the Campfire and this is my 1st post on the muzzle loading forum. I hope I am in the right neck of the woods for my question. So here goes. I am gonna start tackling hand loading for my Martini Henry 577/450. Gonna do the whole nine yards of sizing down 24 gauge brass shells and casting my own bullets. I have never cast bullets. I have been reading up a bit and watched some YouTube videos on the subject. My questions lie in the lead. A rather informative video said 20 parts lead to 1 part tin. This was the particular ratio for only the 577/450 and nothing else. I live in Phoenix AZ and lead ain't cheap or easy to come by. Guess I ain't the 1st guy to stop by a few tire shops and ask about buying old wheel weights. Can I use the large bags of chilled shot for my needs? Just good old 7.5 or 8s bought 25 pound bags? Is the lead mix proper of lead shot for my bullets? What about antimony? Was told it was not needed for 577/450 but more so for say like a 303 or so(it was British military videos). Can you guys point me in the right direction? Thank you DaveO.

Last edited by Zengela; 04/23/17.