Originally Posted by byc
rut roh!!

Not too sure about the major/ejection though!! Guess loss/control of stick.....Go figure!

Here we goooooooo!!

I'm with you, thought it should have just been the major, not an ejection. 5 for not controlling the stick and an injury on the play. It was a typical "reaction" type hit. When I saw the slo-mo replay I was following his eyes and they were watching the game still, wasn't even paying attention to Syd after the hit. Niskanen would have gone down if he had let Crosby hit him and he was trying to avoid that (while getting to hit Syd also??? mmmmm? ). I might have even hit hm the same way myself, protect myself first.

I'm wondering if given their history the refs didn't think there might have been an intent to injure. They sure seemed to talk it over for while.

Honestly hope the kid is OK, as he's a blast to watch. But he does have those previous head issues to deal with. Gonna make the playoffs a lot different without him,

Sorry Pens fans, best hopes for Syd (and his family).

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?