Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm going to hold fire until the fall. This Spending Bill (not a budget) has been crafted long before Trump was elected. The way I see it, Trump is prioritizing multiple issues and this Bill was not his. He needs to finish up health care and of course Tax Reform and he is obviously fighting the ENTIRE Congress, on both sides of the aisle. My guess is he will start drawing his line in the sand from now until September by going direct to the electorate and submit HIS budget then. I know my Congressman, Ted Yoho is behind him, but the likes of Ryan and a LOT of Republicans really don't want him to succeed because they are owned by the Lobbyists. Until we break that connection, it will be real tough. Between a hostile Congress and the MESS obama left him on the world stage, I am not hopeful and at best, hope for small victories "on the margins" like the Supreme Court.

You pretty much said it. Trumps going for the easy stuff now. Hopefully he'll start putting on the pressure a bit later on the other stuff. Personally, I'd call up the Kentucky and Wisconsin National Guards for border duty until McConnell and Ryan get with the program.

When I start to get really down about this crap, I just try to picture where we'd be right now with President Fat Bitch.

What fresh Hell is this?