Originally Posted by micky
I know they are fairly rare. I thought a thousand dollars was a ridiculous price for a Marlin.

I bought a new-in-box Marlin 1894S .41 Magnum in 1987, in Los Angeles. Back around 1992 or so, the NRA held its national convention in Anaheim. I attended. Marlin had a booth in the Convention Hall. I was talking with the Marlin factory reps and mentioned that I had the above rifle and really liked it. (Went perfectly with my S&W 57. wink

One of the reps asked me if I'd like to sell it as he'd buy it. I said no, but asked him if wanted one, why not just go down on the factory floor, pick one out and buy it there?

He said they only made 1,200 of the 1894S .41 Mag., and did not make them any more. After that, I saw the prices just creeping higher and higher, then the 1894FG came out and that too was a very limited run.

There are two people here in Boise who have tried to buy mine but "no sale." I still like it... a lot. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)