Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
There's no way, just no way on earth, I'd drop the change that TT wants for a Glock. You can polish internals and install a new trigger yourself, install new Dawson sights yourself, install a mag well yourself....There's just no way to justify the money they want for a Glock.

If you get the STI be aware that there may be some growing pains with it. Figuring out ammo length and getting magazines running right can be a chore with some of them. And new mags will run at least $75 with extensions, and those aren't tuned. Plan on around $100 apiece for spare mags that are set up to run right.

For IDPA you don't need an STI to be highly competitive. The shots just aren't that hard. You'll be plenty competitive with a Glock. Even in 3Gun the difference between a Glock that's set up right and an STI will rarely be noticeable. For 3Gun there'll be a lot of other stuff that slows you down before that pistol difference does.

i checked out some STI on GB and i must say the Price is on the roof $4000+ though i am still considering it.