Yesterday was a grand day. My favorite shooting partner (my wife) and I went ground squirrel shooting, perfect conditions - no wind, 70 - 75 degs, sunny, and the pups were up, for those of you not familiar with ground squirrels the pup are just slightly larger than your thumb.
We were out seven hours and I shot 200 rounds of 223, and between the two of us we shot 850 rounds of 22 l.r. 1050 round day - how much fun is that!!!
I would be back out today but I have rifles that desperately need cleaning and I need to reload a few hundred more 223, I didn't get my fill of centerfire shooting yet. The pups are a challenge at 100 - 200 yds but not as much fun as the adults because they just disappear with a hit where with the adults you get the airborne acrobatics.

It looks like our weather is taking a downturn in temps so I probably will have to wait a few days before being out again.

p.s. I did use up some of the Remington Golden Bullets I purchased during the 22 l.r. shortage, and as reported they were very dirty and quite a few fail to fires,some did not even work when trying a different rim location for the firing pin strike, it is easy to see why so many are down on them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.