Originally Posted by szihn

Reason #1 is the good reason; You want the extra challenge. That means you accept the range limitations and the fact that you get one chance only.

Reason #2 is that you want to find a way to cheat the majority of other hunters. The folks in the gun business are super willing to feed you the lie that their "super modern muzzleloader" is the answer. "You can have a modern long range flat shooting gun and hunt in a season with far less competition" is what they are selling, and like libs and dems, thye are lying to you. But feel no guilt because they know they are actually selling to those that want to cheat anyway. Cheating a cheater is the norm today unfortunately

I like reason #3. In Colorado I can draw a muzzle loader tag and then by an OTC rifle elk tag,giving me two elk hunts per year. I have three muzzle loaders of different styles,so I change up whenever I feel like doing something different

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles