First, my apologies to Nrut for failing to remember to weigh my rifle. I'm glad that Formidilosus guy posted his.

Originally Posted by pointer
Which is the OTC winner: Kimber, Howa, or Tikka?

My best answer, being an owner of multiples of all three, it's a toss up, really. As unlucky as I am normally, I've been lucky when it comes to rifles and don't experience the failings and shortcomings so many others do with their rifle purchasers. Kimber roulette does not exist in my world. Plastic parts melting or fracturing or whatever on Tikkas has never occurred with mine. The Howa Alpine, though new, so far has no "standard shortcomings". A general complaint for Howas has been their weight which is why we have the Alpine. All of mine of all three makes have been very accurate, very lite and function flawlessly. If it comes down to money then, if you can get the Howa mlitary/leo discount, I would suggest you go that route to try it. If you don't like it, you shouldn't lose money. If cost is of a concern and no discount is available then the Tikka should be your huckleberry. Unless one or two of those models won't fit your physical form, there's your answer. Based on my experience and assuming your experience were to match mine, all three would make you happy.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 05/15/17. Reason: I eliminated a split infinitive from my post.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ