Here are some photos of my new deer rifle.

I bought this Tikka T3 CTR 308 brand new last year. I shot it about 10 times to get it sighted in. It is just super accurate as you would expect, putting all shots into the same hole at 100 yards even when fired by two different shooters!

The only way I could think to improve it for deer hunting was to figure out how to put this barreled action in a sleek, sporter-style stock. After much research I figured out that this barreled action would bolt right up into any Tikka T3 stock. I had a chance to buy a new Tikka T3 walnut Hunter stock and trigger guard so I grabbed it and sent it and my barreled action to Campfire Oracle Redneck. Lee installed pillars and bedded the action for me. He also opened up the barrel channel so the CTR contour barrel free-floated. I had never even touched the adjustable trigger yet, so he also adjusted it to a nice, crisp 2-3/4 lbs. for for me.

I will take the factory scope rail off, put a Ded Nutz Game Reaper and my Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 scope back on it, put a flush mount factory 3-round magazine in it, put my Limbsaver Air Tech recoil pad on it and head for the range to get it sighted in for deer season next fall.

You can't use the CTR bottom metal or 10-round magazine with a regular factory Tikka T3 wood or synthetic stock, or any aftermarket drop-in T3 stocks. But the CTR barreled action drops right into any T3 stock using the standard trigger guard and 3 or 5-round factory mags. You might also need to be able to open the barrel channel a tiny bit. Makes for a very nice sporter-style package that handles and balances nicely.

My thanks to Redneck for his super nice workmanship on this rifle, and for his prompt service and good communications.

Stay tuned for pictures of my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor that will be back from Redneck's shop as soon as he finishes performing his magic on it. It is getting bedded into a new stock and having a Timney installed. I can't wait to see it.

Attached Images
IMG_0381.JPG (91.01 KB, 757 downloads)
IMG_0383.JPG (96.29 KB, 430 downloads)
IMG_0384.JPG (91.37 KB, 349 downloads)
Last edited by jobyjob; 05/15/17.