I have trap gates built in the feeder pens plus one steel trap. Rubber boots and scent killer helps. Don't drive right up to trap either, they can smell the carbon monoxide left by 4 wheelers etc.

I made a pass by feeder in the Ranger one day before I climbed in stand. Several deer walked over the place I had driven, jumped in feeder pen, stayed a while. A bit later a group of piggies came through the fence headed to feeder, when they crossed over the place I drove, they turned double back flips, hauled ass back the way they came. We park a hundred yards away now, rubber up and scent kill. Catch a lot more.

Prop open your push gate with a stick about 18" long, I did that at first, but now use a 3' 2x2. I have a 1/16 cable from 2x2 to bowl under feeder, then to back to other side of pen. This lets more get in before they trip cable.

The enclosed trap has a feeder on top, it goes off once a day. They get used to coming every day. We set the traps when we go to lease. Hope to catch some Memorial weekend. I sure like catching the SOB's. Like shooting cshit out of them even more.

Last edited by hanco; 05/17/17.