Originally Posted by Uncas
No opinions, preferences at all. A real bore.

And a small bore at that... grin

Gents, Bill has a real prize. Four digit Shiloh serial # (1700 range), extra fancy wood, and the fit & finish we expect to find on a Shiloh Sharps. It's been shot, but not much, carried very little, and shows honest stock dings from briskly ejected brass.

We cleaned a very small amount of BP fouling from the action that appeared to have been coated in RIG. NO rust at all, anywhere.

It has the normal cast bullet leade, not the 7 degree, but she should still shoot.

Interestingly enough, we visited LOMO Gun & Pawn in Lewiston, ID today, and they were moving an early Shiloh Saddlering Carbine Model 1863 in .54 caliber while we were in there. Tough to let that one out of my hands, but I have enough on my plate right now.

I'm "helping" Bill get all of his "necessities" together so he can enjoy this addiction as much as I do. grin

What are friends for???

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell