I bought a Thompson/ Center Encore muzzleloader from a friend recently and decided to buy a Thompson/ Center .223 barrel for it. The muzzleloader is the Pro- Hunter model with a black composite stock with the grey colored insert finger pads. ( I believe Thompson calls this their Flex Tech stock). Anyway the muzzleloader forearm stock will not work on the .223 sporter weight barrel, so I e-mail Thompson/ Center and the lady e-mails me back telling me the proper forearm, stock is 55317569. I get to looking around on the inter-net trying to locate one and find a guy that sells Thompson products and he tells me that part number 55317569 will not work. That it is for the 26- 28" barrels. The one I need he says is TC7708. Problem is TC7708 is all black, not the Flex Tech model. I send a second e-mail and some pictures to the lady at T/C again explaining the response I got from the dealer. She write back and says she got the pictures and asked her boss about it and he said 5537569 should work. Once again I talk to the dealer and he is adamant that her suggested stock will not work. I will use the all black TC7708 stock if I have no other choice, but would prefer one that matches my butt stock. Any of you guys run into this before. Any Encore experts out there that can once and for all tell me what the heck is going on here? I just want to get it right the first time and none of that " just send it back crap ". Any and all correct information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. RRM