Gibby: Been shooting a 460 Rowland for a long time. Use the Clark conversion kit with compensator, recoil buffer and stronger firing pin spring as well as recoil spring to avoid battering your frame. The 460 Rowland gives you ballistics of factory 44 magnum loads in equivalent barrel lengths. AA7 is the best powder and Starline cases are very robust. The limiting factor is magazine length. That is why I use the 230 grain Penn lead flat point. Look up an article "Taffin Tests the 460 Rowland". He got 1243 fps with a 230 grain bullet and 1119 fps with a 260 grain bullet. I have chronographed 1370 fps with the Penn bullet and pressure tested AA7 powder recommended loads and have fired many rounds with no appreciable wear on my frame. Don't let anyone tell you a 45 Super is equal to a 460 Rowland because recommended loads for a 230 grain bullet gets you 1070 fps.Get a Mech Tech carbine conversion for 1911 in 460 Rowland. You will pick up about 400 fps in the carbine. Being a blow back action with a heavy barrel it is no lightweight but you can get a folding stock. Think of the 460 Rowland as a 44 mag for semiautomatic pistols and carbines.