A little background, ever since we put solar pannels on our roof it has become the favorite hangout for every pigeon in the neighborhood, until today. I was heading out the back door of my house and noticeed a pigeon in the yard when out of nowhere this young redtailed hawk comes down and kills it 10 feet from me. It started tearing it apart before it noticed that I was right there and then tried to lift off with the pigeon but can't quite get the lift it needs to make it over the fence and since I'm right there it takes off to the neighbor's roof across the street. By the way my two daughters are watching the whole thing from the livingroom window after I tell them what is going on outside. We are watching as the hawk returns to the yard grabs the pigeon and struggling mightily makes it to the top of the fence, where it takes a break. After a bit it took off and now I have to wash blood offf the fence. Watching that hawk stoop onto that pigeon was amazing, the pigeon was dead instantly and I was amazed at the speed of the attack. I hope that hawk makes our neighboorhood his favorite hunting ground since I am sick of cleaning pidgeon crap off my back porch. The girls were simply amazed at the ferocity of nature and watched in awe as nature took it's course right outside our house. I was the first time in a long time something happened that drug them away from the TV and was more interesting to watch. They were glued to nature's display of prey vs. predator.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!