Well.... Years ago, I owned a 16x SWFA with the rear parallax and was not impressed. Entry level, okay...

For the money and features, pretty hard to beat the Athlon Argos BTR in 6-24x. For $369 you get 30mm tube, side focus parallax, Illuminated FFP hashtag reticle like a Horus, Illum turns off between illum settings, and excellent optic quality. $389 will get you the Argos BTR in 8-34x. This scope is very fine for longrange use. Add another $200 to the mix and your get HD Glass and Advanced Coatings, plus illum reticle control on the side parallax turret. Athlon uses the 2032 battery so can get them for $2 at kmart. Don't want illumination? Take the battery out...

I tested both Argos BTR scopes at our local airport, using 1100yds of runway and a HD photo tripod setup with Pic rail to mount the scopes on. The Argos 8-34x and Cronus 4.5-29x got most of my attention from 1100 yds out . The 6-24x though was very much in the performance mix out to 1100yds, just not showing the 4" runway marker lights as large and tight as the more powerful magnification scopes.

Lifetime transferable warranty. Worth your evaluation for sure. Great optics and built tough! I am an affiliated Athlon dealer.