Originally Posted by atse
I think it is a credit to many of the gunmakers on how well their factory rifles shoot. I just bought a tikka 243 for my son and it shoots very well with 95 BT. Ruger, tikka, howa ,savage, you can go down the list.Great accuracy, for minimum money. It used to be that if you had a factory rifle that shot an inch group,you had a real shooter. Now if one doesn't shoot under an inch,you wonder what is wrong with it.A real testament to some of the rifle makers. Kudos.

You are a witness to progress.

I don't know how old you are, but it wasn't too long ago that people, poo pooed synthetic stocks and the increased use of polymers in non-critical areas of firearms. Not just the stock, but magazines too.

Most factory triggers were so-so (or poor) and required a trip to the gunsmith. These days, the triggers on inexpensive rifles are adjustable, albeit over a small range, but better than what was coming out of the factories not long ago.

CNC machining was a huge leap forward in rifle manufacturing.

Factory ammunition is better made.

Optics are improving.

It puts a more accurate rifle in the hands of those who either cannot afford big bux on a rifle, or do not use them enough to justify the expenditure.

Wonderful, isn't it?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]