A bunch of upscale home build on hillsides above Boise, ID are sliding down hill. This winter saturated the ground and away they went. When I lived there 40 years ago, they were building like this. They cut a slice out of a hill, use the dirt to create a wider flat spot, and build a house on it. Even back then people were saying that sooner or later they were going to go and it looks like this is the year.
I really feel sorry the homeowners but this isn't unexpected. It was more like inevitable. 30 years ago I knew some people who bought a house up there. The house was on solid ground but the excavated dirt was pushed out and became the back lawn. Years later, after a long wet period, their back lawn headed downhill leaving the back steps as a shear drop off.
Those hills have been there unmoving for many thousands of years but when their support is dug out for a house, there's nothing left to hold them up.

Of course the homeowners are looking for someone to blame. They're filing suits against the highway district (for what I don't know), against the city, and against the developers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.