Originally Posted by Wilkup
I've never owned a barrel from this company, only Bartlein, Kreiger, and Brux at this point.
I don't want to wait around for a barrel to show up for the next several weeks and I can pickup a brand new Shilen CM Match Grade blank for under $200 today. I'm not worried about it being CM because I intend to have the barreled action nitrided.
How accurate are these barrels? I expect how carefully the chamber is cut has just as much to do with accuracy, but I don't know a thing about this barrel maker.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, the quality of the fitting and chambering of a barrel is as important as the barrel itself- as is the ammunition it's fed.

Having said that I would ask the experienced gunsmiths whom you have had chamber your barrels if THEY would spend their $200 on Shilen barrel.

The cost of the barrel blank itself is the cheapest part of the equation. The fitting and chambering and the value of the ammo ypu will fire on it during its liferime are all more expensive than the blank itself. Sometimes a "bargain" is no bargain at all.

This might be a perfect example of patience being a virtue;)

Last edited by jk16; 05/24/17.