Don't know if anyone has done this or posted about previously but I thought I would share.

I have more knives than I need as most people who appreciate custom knives do. I have knives that get used a lot and they typically stay in my pack or in place somewhere else where they are with me whenever I go afield. Then I have other knives that I have bought over time just because I appreciate the talent of the maker and wanted to own some examples of their craft. These are knives, many of which have never been used or sharpened that I have typically kept them wrapped in scrap rags and stored piled up in a plastic container.

A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about what might be an inexpensive storage solution that would make the knives easier to access as I do enjoy sharing some of them occasionally with friends of like mind regarding custom knives. After thinking about this for a bit I thought about the silverware storage boxes that have been used for years to store peoples fine silver and etc. After poking around on ebay I discovered that there are a ton of these storage boxes for sale there. I bought a couple of them to give them a try. So for less than $40.00 including shipping I ended up with two nice wooden boxes and they turned out to work well for my intended use. Anyway, just thought I would share a pic of my storage solution.

Second box is a little lonely holding only my old Boy Scout knife. But it won't be that way for too long I'm afraid. cool

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

*Master of random precision*