Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I understand the reasons why, and no doubt the larger the project the further removed the different entities are from one another and the greater the delays in funding.

I was just trying to enlighten the ignorant (silly me) who haven't been on either side of the table as to why it seems contractors are "ripping off the government". If you want to know why projects go the way they go its because the government drives projects into the toilet and the contractors follow those directions to a T and charging for every mile of the journey (as they should).

I'm glad that my involvement with government contract work was minimal. Government oversight makes it seem like the government's primary intent is to set the contractor up for failure.

I don't believe that is the case, not in the least, but an experience or two can lead a person to that belief. In the end, given a responsible KO, willing Program Managers and intelligent/realistic subject matter experts, there is nothing more they would prefer than for the contractor to succeed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"