It's been almost 40years since I've had a garden. Where I live now it's not possible. A few years back I saw one of those topsy-turvey tomato growing things at the Ace Hardware and bought it. It's been sitting in the back of the closet ever since.

A month back I dug it out and assembled it and went to WM and bought the plants(cheerokee blanko?), soil, ect. With in two weeks the plant is growing but things aren't looking good. There's this rust looking stuff on the edge of leaves. A look on wiki says that it's a bacterial infections and there's not much hope. Well, I thought bacterial so I gave it a dose of penicillin. Lo and behold, it worked. Rust gone.

Now another problem starts. Leaves are starting to wilt. Again not much hope as there are so many causes of wilt. I gave it more water, less water, calcium, manganes , whatever I could thing of. Started to snip off any leaf fully wilted and any portion of a leave that wilted. Two weeks of that and presently there's no wilt visible.

Now, if I can baby this plant until it produces and I get a dozen tomatoes, they will have cost me hours of care and about 10 bucks each.

Maybe in another six weeks I can have a 'mater sandwich of my own "home grown" tomatoes. smile

Last edited by websterparish47; 05/26/17.