Originally Posted by rondrews
I have decided to sell or trade my S&W SD9VE for a smaller .40 cal. pistol. I like my SCCY 9MM and I also like my Taurus G2 9MM. I now have a choice between the M&P shield and the Taurus 740. Both being in the compact size range. I would like to stay under 23 oz., If anyone knows of any other options or if anyone has a preference, please let me know. My S&W SD9VE has never been fired and has a laser sight on it. I could sell it on Gunbroker.com, but I could also sell it to one of you guys for less, without all the FFL schitt. Any iDEA'S?

Don't get why you don't like 9mm, but he heart wants what the heart wants; so you need to get what YOU want and like. The Shield is a fantastic single stack pistol, you just can't go wrong there.

As for selling your SD9VE... You can catch brand new ones on sale quite often for $299, so don't expect to get much for yours as a "used" gun (even though it's unfired, in the box). Sounds like you like your Taurus G2 better than your SD9VE and I can understand that; the trigger system on the T-G2 is pretty good, and a VERY clever design.

Personally I would hold on to the SD9VE and find a place for it. Give it to the wife, use it as a dedicated vehicle pistol; whatever. The SD9VE is a supremely reliable pistol, it's just that out of the box, the triggers are a bit under-whelming... But Apex makes a $35 fix for that if you're not afraid of a little DIY gunsmithing (watch the video and be patient...it's a little frustrating, but it's doable and the Apex will give you an excellent trigger pull).

If you're content on getting rid of the S&W, I would find someone you really like and care for who doesn't have a gun and just give it to them...or give it to them really cheap.

Anyhow, best of luck with you new .40...I would go with the Shield.