I have been busy Varmint Hunting all month and I have not had a chance to post much.
But here is a bit of GOOD news on the American made rimfire ammunition front.
Last Christmas time (late December 2,016) I went in to my local small gunshop and there was a "bucket" of Remington 22 L.R. hollowpoint ammunition (1,400 rounds) for sale - the price was $99.99 for the bucket.
I bought one bucket in anticipation of this years Ground Squirrel Hunting season.
I personally prefer and use Federal 36 grain hollowpoints from their 525 and 550 bulk packs or the Winchester 40 grain Power-Points for my guns but I bought the Remingtons in anticipation of letting the VarmintKids and VarmintGrandkids shooting them up.
Well a week or so later the store owner asked a favor of me and that was to sell that bucket'o bullets back to him as a favor for a friend/relative of his - I complied and he bought it back for what I paid for it.
Then in the next few months I saw the buckets of bullets selling elsewhere for $99.00 to $105.00!
Advance to yesterday and my same gunshop gets in a shipment of the Remington Golden Bullet buckets and they have been significantly reduced - the price is now $86.00 per bucket of 1,400 rounds!
I asked the owner about the price reduction and he siad he was not sure of the reason but he double checked the wholesalers price and he priced them at retail to maintain his normal profit margin.
A bit of good news on the rimfire ammunition front I thought!
Plus in general shelves I see around the west are very much more full of American made hollowpoint offerings.
Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend everyone.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy