Originally Posted by Dutch
There are three things going on here.

1) Yes, cops DO look for extra revenue from construction zones. I got nabbed about 10 years ago, playing in the Audi. Came through the construction zone at the speed limit, ON THE DOT, passed the cones, and hit the gas. Sunday morning, 7 a.m., no one around. The county, of course, had set the "end of construction zone" about 300 yards past the end of construction. Guess where the cop sat? Got a few afternoons in traffic school out of that one, and the county got their check.

2) Judges have agenda's. While in court, a lady was brought in for failure to carry proof of insurance. Ended up that she sent in her payment in plenty of time, but the broker did not apply it to her account. Judge sent her to three days in jail. Sometimes we should just have the right to slap some sense into a judge.

3) Rich (arab) boys don't get the fact they are not above the law here like they are at home.

Nice analysis.

Also, 107 MPH in a construction zone is a lot more dangerous to the public than 90% of the other things that result in 6 Mo. jail time.
while I don't know anything about defendant, I'll add that a few judges might tired of dealing with foreigners who think the U.S. is their personal amusement park.

abusus non tollit usum