Originally Posted by TWR
Wow.

I was trying to be helpful and just relay some info out there cause you wanted to replace your stupid 6 position stock, no good deed goes unpunished.

I have been around AR's for a pretty good while now and it didn't take me long to realize that the A2 stock is almost the stupidest thing I've seen on an AR. An A1 is a much better setup but the material is a little fragile so I took to collapsable stocks long ago. Now let me say that I'm 52, never played a video game and am pretty sure I'm not going to get called up for service. I do play a few shooting games from time to time but only because it's fun. I guess you could say I even play sniper cause I shoot steel on our 800 yard range but I do it with a light weight carbean.

I do know that an A2 stock is too long for me, my wife, my kids and grand kids. I do know the SOPMOD stock feels better to me due to cheek weld and the straight rubber pad. I can adjust it to fit me if it's 10 degrees or 110 degrees outside. It also can be adjusted to fit the slightest person in my family. By figuring a few things out and buying quality parts, I don't have any problems with ejection, extraction or recoil impulse. I did say the collapsable stock was an after thought but it is one of the best upgrades the AR has ever had.

As for rails and lights, it's alot easier to shoot a coyote or pig when the light is attached to your gun. Yes I usually have a red spot light or even a red head lamp scanning but when it comes time to shoot, a white light attached to your gun is handy. I've added a short rail to a few Hogue tubes over the years and tried the tacticool full rails. Now I just use what works best for me and try not to pass judgement on those who don't know what they don't know.

I can see how the A-2 Stock might not work for you and you family, Me, with my size, it fits pretty good. As far as lights for hunting, I agree, but most guys putting lights on AR's are not doing it for hunting. It's a cost benefit thing, and more often that cost is best spent on ammo and practice.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/28/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.