Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
I'm reworking my Bowtech 82nd Airborne, and I'm looking at some of the new stabilizer setups. I've been using an Octane 8" since I got the bow new, but I'm not sure that it does anything. I've been looking at a 2 stabilizer type, but I have no experience with them. What are you guys running and having success with?

If you're not sure if it's doing anything, it isn't! You can cut vibration a number of ways without stabilizers. Stabilizes are good for two things... Stabilizing the bow (reducing movement) and balancing the bow. If the bow isn't balanced, it will be harder to stabilize because you have to lift/pull the bow into alignment. It can take a surprising amount of weight on a back bar to balance a bow with comparatively tiny amounts on a front bar.. A front bar 2 feet long can stabilize wobble with a couple ounces because it's out there 3 feet away. A back bar gets in the way if it's that long so they tend to be better when shorter and much heavier.

Find a good pro shop and have a competent tech walk you through stabilizers and balancing your bow.