A few more from this morning;

Male mulberry in front of my RV, again an old tree from the farm that used to be here. Actually met a gal up in town who lived here as a kid. No doubt, this tree has been here for more than a few decades. As you can see by the foreground, I had to cross the driveway and get out into the field to get the whole thing in the pic.

[Linked Image]

A river (black) birch I planted 5 years or so ago that was getting rootbound in a 10 gal planter. More than tripled in height and width. Plated for afternoon shade on the RV, but I'm retiring soon so won't see the full benefit. Right now it shades for a few hours a day as the sun sinks later in the day. Next year it will provide even more during the earlier afternoon. My RV is visible on the left, still in morning shade from the mulberry above. Neighbor's gets good morning shade from it, but we have to keep trimming branches that want to rub on her coach.

[Linked Image]

And finally a "weed" tree, tree of heaven, Ailanthus. They grow in thick groves along the river here, taking over from native riparian plants. The can grow big like this one and provide wonderful shade, but talk about prolific. I have seedlings popping up everywhere, anywhere there's a tiny bit of soil. Trees and bushes behind and to right are seedlings from the big one, bunches of them taking over. info here: https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/plants/treeheaven.shtml

[Linked Image]

Can anyone tell I like shade. When one grows up in a basically "desert" area and now lives in a very sunny place, one learns the value of a nice tree. grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?