John, my friend. Laughing loudly. Of course you are correct.

About 15-20 years ago I went thru my safe and found that I had actions, barrels, and stock blanks for 20+ projects. Each of those sticks would but one or two factory rifles. All were to be built on very nice Mausers and p64-M70's. The money to complete them would buy a 2500 sf house. Around that time I bought the very first M700 Ti rifle I saw and it was so good that I never used anything else for BG hunting. Well I had a big sale. Of course that Ti went thru three different barrels and three different stocks. The Ti was sort of grabby and caused a problem on a second shot at a big eland so it went down the road. Then came three 270's built on actions I got from Melvin back when such was possible. Then another Ti clone on an x-treme action which was also grabby and went away. Now I have the parts for yet another Ti actioned 270. Went thru 5 Kreiger 1-9 and 2 Bartlien 1-9.25 .277 barrels. TOTAL MADNESS.

Now, I have four slots for hunting rifles. The rifles in those slots still come and go pretty frequently. One slot has had three Kimber Montana's since last November. I keep trying to improve on the last version of perfect. Fortunately I stick to my "275" cartridge choice (270+280/2=275).

Last edited by RinB; 06/01/17.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.