Originally Posted by WDH
I see they failed to mention art pecks rule that at 3 years old a bull has all the brow tines it will ever have laugh laugh

'Tain't Art's Rule. Just fact.

"Junior" was a bull I watched yearly during hunting season from the time he was a yearling. At 2 he was 2x2. At 5, he was still 2X2, and 49 1/2 to 50 1/2 inches..... At 6, I had meat in the freezer and didn't hunt moose. Never saw him again. I enjoyed the heck out of that critter. Watched him in year 4 cleaning the velvet off his antlers, 50 yards away, from my tree stand. He was not at all shy about daylight - which of course led to his demise.

It was almost certainly he who thrashed that bush 15 feet from my sleeping bag one dark, dark night. (year 5) . I'd seen him before dark, and I had raked brush just before dark. Seems he took exception to it. Breaking up camp after season, I chopped down a tree that was obscuring my view earlier, for the next season. He came in to 30 yards and watched me, shortly after I started.

Pretty sure Gleason got him... He lost his pilot's license for DWI before the next year, and the moose got a break. IMO, Cubs should not be used as optical instruments for targeting moose the evening before one whacks them... at least not those accessible from the road system, and that I'm hunting.......but that's just me. smile

Last edited by las; 06/14/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.