Okay, so I've got my pole barn up and enclosed. It is a 40x40 foot barn and about 250 feet behind my house. Through some poor planning, I didn't stub out electric when the house was built 2 years ago. I have a gravel driveway so for trenching, not a big deal to cross it. I have 3 options that I can use:

1. Run electric from street to barn. Total of 500 feet to trench and would run alongside drive and very close to my existing buried electric line.

2. Drill 3" hole through stone on front of house, and run power from existing box in garage out through hole and back under ground 250 feet to barn. I could paint the 2.5" pipe to match stone and put a rock or something in front of it. Downside is also has to horizontal 24" deep under front sidewalk for trench. Plus hole in house.

3. Grab the line to the house as it passed under gravel driveway, splice into it and run the 250 feet to the barn.

If option #3 is viable, I think it is the best option for leaving the house unscathed and not having to tunnel under sidewalk. Just hearing splice and makes me nervous I guess. So any electric guys out there with advice?