showcases some of the best rifle builders in the last 50-60 yrs? If so, who wrote it, what is the name of it, and where can someone buy it at?

If no one has, is there a chance that any of the gunwriters here be up for the challenge? I know it would take a lot of research (time!). Maybe some of you could come together in writing it if there would be a demand for one. I have seen several threads like the one on here now with someone trying to find out who might have built the rifle they had found. Some of the customs are easy for an expert to tell, others not so much. But for someone like myself, I have not had the opportunity to have or even hold one that was built by one of the true masters of the craft. Even if one writer was to take the NW states, another the middle West, and so on. I realize that it might not be on the NY bestsellers list, but with a majority of rifle builders going to plastic/composite stocks, I would think that there needs to be someone/something to chronicle this part of American heritage.

Or is it pure lunacy to even ask if it would be worthwhile to tackle such an endeavor?