Originally Posted by rost495
Used to buy colts 1 dollar a piece in paper grocery bags.... man I was so nice to so many folks passing along my finds... I should have kept a few bags for myself... well colt and universal IIRC.. mil surp was cheap...

That's why I was needing 15 round magazines.

Seems like everyone that shows up to shoot here at the ranch has new AR15 with 30 round mags. whistle grin

They always leave with a couple of my 20 rounders.

For the life up me, I don't know why the 30's are so popular. To me they are too long to maneuver for accurate shooting off a rest.

Most of my friends and family leave here with hunting ammo too... Dammit.

The last one was my brother. (he knows nothing about rifles, ammo, accuracy, scopes, etc.) Every time he needs something, rifle, scope, ammo, whatever, he comes callin'.. He bought a Springfield AR15 not long ago, and told the guy at the gunshop he needed ammo that would be good for hog hunting. That idiot at the gun counter sold him a 420 round can of military green tip armor piercing ammo. mad

My brother left here with a nice variable scope sighted in to soft point ammo that I provided as well, and a nice one piece scope mount and 2 20 round mags.

That guy at the gun shop needs to hear from his boss about that!

Last edited by rockinbbar; 06/18/17.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!