Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Woodhits
Originally Posted by rosco1
funny how easily smoke is blown up some folks asses.. I gurentee you there is 100 guys named earl that came plumb a rifle every bit as true as those held in high esteem.. shooters know this .

Carry on.

Not trying to pick a fight here but have you built any rifles or are you just making assumptions? I've seen it done a lot of ways in a lot of shops (including Robert's) and not all Earls are created equal. As a matter of fact, ive had two "well known" smiths absolutely butcher my rifles. That is one of the reasons that I do most of my own work these days. When it came time to learn to do it myself, the gunmaker whose abilities I respect the most told me to go see Robert.

I would never question Roberts skills as there is only a hand full of smiths that can compete with him......it's more about him being upfront with his completion times and avoiding customers phone calls in the past!

No argument there, just challenging the "bubba is just as good" mindset. The list of guys that I will use at this point doesn't take all of my fingers to count.