Originally Posted by aheider
I've ran a SS 3-9 MQ for a year. No issues with tracking, durability, or clarity of glass. For people who want to twist turrets I think it's fantastic, just not my personal preference. What I would like to have is a 3-15 sub 18oz scope with usable holdover reticle, decent glass, and the ability to hold zero with the last being the most important.

I used to swear buy Leupold and their VX3 scopes were all I would use. The last one I purchased was was about 2007 and it was not as good as the same scope I bought in the 80's. Their recent productions seem to be turning around but I am not back yet. The discontinued VX6 they were selling several months ago had me thinking and they manufacture near you. Trijicon is pretty sweet if you like the reticles and the tritium can be an issue. No better than Swaro or Zeiss though. Lately I really like the Zeiss HD5 3-15X42 it fits right into your parameters and is a reasonable value IMO. Meopta as mentioned is very good they made the Zeiss conquest line that Zeiss sold before they re-engineered to the Terra line and are a very good value.I would like to try the SHV but the size comes into play with the 56mm on there 4-14 Objective lens.

Scopes are individually very subjective and its best to try them out. Ask to look through some at your next range session you results may vary.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob