Originally Posted by Brian
the cabelas here in Richfield Wisconsin had a Dakota 10 in 270 for several years. the asking price was $5600 which was steep for a plain jane stick of walnut. however it was a joy to hold and the trigger was amazing. If that model 10 had a shadowline cheekpiece it would have followed me home for a deer rifle with visions of stalking in Europe.

Dakota will re-stock and closely match the fore end for you. They are comparable to most custom smiths in price. Don Allen and his staff refined the duplicating machines and Dakota would already have the CAD program to run it so save some set up charges there.

Thanks for the tour. I have had a fantasy to go during the biker rally so I could enjoy biker chicks and fine rifles on the same trip. But the rifles are the main draw. I think sometimes all of the Dakato staff get the hell out of dodge during the rally.

Last edited by Tejano; 06/21/17.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli