I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Leica customer service. I had a Rangemaster 900 CRF-M that I bought from Cabela’s in 2008. Last year, during archery season, it appeared to have lost sensitivity in lower light conditions. I could point the rangefinder at bright sky and click the button and then it would work in the dark timber. This was not good, especially before sunrise. I vowed to send it back before this year’s hunting season.

Leica’s website just says to send in a product using an online fillable PDF form and attach proof of purchase or warranty registration. The link to the fillable form was broken for a month or so. A couple of weeks ago, I saw that the link to the form had been fixed. I was a little skeptical of sending off the rangefinder without speaking with anybody, but I went ahead and filled out the form, printed it, and sent off the rangefinder with the form. I did have the receipt from Cabela’s, so I sent a copy.

I sent the rangefinder back via priority mail on Monday, June 12. I got a confirmation from Leica by e-mail on Thursday, June 15, acknowledging receipt of the rangefinder. I got an e-mail on Monday, June 19, indicating that I would be receiving a package from Leica via UPS 2 day delivery on June 21. There was no indication of the problem or what was being sent. I received the package today. It was what appears to be an NIB Rangemaster CRF 1600-R with all accessories. There was no explanation of the problem. There was a packing slip showing no charge. So, it was a total turnaround time of 9 days, of which 2 were a weekend and at least 4 were in-transit days. I was pretty happy.

You always hear when people complain, so here is something good for a change.

[Linked Image]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln