We have folks currently in Romania and we are 50-50 back in forth to the Middle East. Most of the time we have had incidents it's when the young'ns have too much to drink at get into a bad part of town. That said Bucharest would not be my first choice for sight seeing. One of the great things regarding Horia is he will pick you up at the airport and drive out into the hunting area. It is three hours away and very rural.

The Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania etc. have some great opportunities for hunting and fishing. Just my take, but the towns/cities that retained their original (pre-soviet) culture are real sleepers when it comes to tourism. There are some beautiful cities e.g. Budapest that in order to reach you have to drive through some ugly soviet era cement block housing structures, but it is worth the trip.

Most of the people we have met are hard working and trying to establish hunting and fishing operations to provide the same service you would receive in the U.S or Africa.

Depending on what you want out of a trip, the more established countries with hunting operations e.g. Germany have some very nice organized quarters, but I was amazed at both the quantity and quality of game in Romania. I am sure some of the other countries are similar.

If you're combining a vacation, don't forget areas like Lake Bled in Slovenia and Zadar, Split and Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia.