So I managed to get 120 once fired brass cleaned, sized, trimmed, and primed. Getting ready to load powder and bullets. That's when I noticed the reason the brass was so hard to size: they are RCBS Small Base dies! Had to read up on what that was about and it seems these dies FL size to a few mils UNDER SAMMI specs to make them easy to feed in tight chambers. Which I don't have.

Never even heard of those "small base dies". I bought them from a "not so forthcoming" seller who simply said they were 30-06 dies. Well they are, but dang they're not normal regular dies!

I'm trying to work up a load and I'd rather not keep using SB dies as I want to get to just neck size once fired brass as this is the only 30-06 I have. Thinking I'll jsut replace the SB dies, punch out and re-use the primers, and toss the brass. Why? I'm thinking the brass will rattle around in the chamber which can't help accuracy any and I don't want the expense of fire forming the brass back to size. I think I just wasted it all. frown

Is that the right thing to do?